Sharing Happiness by Enhancing Quality of Life
At Sentiss, we believe that real change comes about when people give not just money, but their time as well. We are proud to be able to do both! We call this SEVA. Each employee contributes 2 man-days annually to SEVA initiatives.
Our Corporate Social Responsibility programs are centered around health, education and protecting the environment. We strive to contribute 2% of our net profits to our SEVA projects. We are proud to have multiple ongoing and meaningful projects for the community and continue to identify and add more projects to our SEVA banner every year.
- Project Drishti: This project aims at tackling preventable blindness by organizing monthly eye clinics for the under privileged people of Pataudi and other remote villages around Nalagarh and Gurgaon. We do this in coordination with the Niramaya Charitable Trust. We have treated nearly 9000 people, while distributing 24,000 packs of medicine and 4462 spectacles. In addition, we facilitated free cataract surgeries for 820 people.
- Charitable Dispensary: This project entails sponsoring a charitable dispensary “Mansa Devi Charitable Dispensary” to enable access to medicines and medical facilities for people from villages around our manufacturing facility. Our endeavor is to treat 600 patients every month through this initiative.
- Blood Donation Drive: Our manufacturing facility at Nalagarh organizes blood donation drives every year in association with Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences (PGIMS), Chandigarh as part of our modest contribution towards society.
- Project “Stride Against Cancer”: Every year, Sentiss volunteers participate in a walk to create awareness and raise funds for cancer patients. Over the years the Sentiss team has registered its presence through hundreds of volunteers with an aim to sensitize people about this disease and make them aware of the plight of those afflicted by its life limiting conditions.
- Project Splash: Sentiss organizes and sponsors an on-the-spot painting competition and day-out programs for differently abled children in coordination with the Concern India Foundation.
- Project Roshni: As part of an initiative to provide support for orphaned and disabled children, Sentiss invites children from Amar Jyoti School to set up mini stalls and sell hand made artifacts on festive occasions like Karwa Chauth and Diwali.
- Project Go Green: Sentiss supports the restoration of the environment and has had an ongoing tree plantation program which was started in 2010 at Nalagarh and Gurgaon. We have been planting about 2000 saplings every year.
- Project – Sharing Happiness: With Deep Ashram’s Anand Ashram, Sentiss volunteers spend time teaching, engaging and playing with the specially abled children.
- Project Sunset Joy – Sharing Happiness with the Elderly: Our volunteers spend quality time with the homeless and the elderly and engage with inmates of Earth Savior and Hari Ashram through various activities. This gesture is widely appreciated by both, the residents and the management of Ashrams.
- Project The Joy of Giving: Sentiss volunteers organize the ‘Joy of Giving Week’ before Diwali every year, where employees are encouraged to donate clothes, footwear, school bags, toys and other useful items. The same is donated to Earth Saviors – an old age home and school for underprivileged children.